Slow Cooker Five-Spice Pork Soup2021-06-22
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 7:20 h
- Ready In: 7:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker five-spice pork soup. Spicy pork soup with vegetables cooked in slow cooker.
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless pork top loin roast,trimmed,cut into 1-ich(2,5 cm) pieces
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 14.5 oz (435 ml each) cans reduced- sodium chicken broth
- 2½ cups (625 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper,seeded and finely chopped
- 2 oz (60 g) rice sticks,broken
- 3 cups packaged shredded broccoli
- snipped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet. Sprinkle meat with five-spice powder and freshly ground black pepper. Add to the skillet and cook,half at a time over medium heat until brown.
Transfer cooked pork to a 4-5 quart slow cooker,reserving drippings in skillet. Add chopped onion to the reserved drippings. Cook,stirring occasionally,until tender. Transfer cooked onion to slow cooker.
Stir in chicken broth,water,soy sauce,fish sauce,vinegar,ginger and jalapeno pepper. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.
Cook rice sticks according to package directions;drain. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Turn slow cooker to high-heat setting. Stir in cooked rice sticks and broccoli slaw. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes until heated through.
Sprinkle each serving with snipped fresh cilantro. Serve slow cooker five-spice pork soup with lime wedges.