Slow Cooker Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 g) Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs,beaten
- 8 oz (240 g) small mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 jars (25 oz (750 g) each) tomato pasta sauce
- 12 oz (360g) uncooked spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large mixing bowl,combine ground beef,bread crumbs,grated Parmesan cheese,crushed basil leaves,eggs, Worcestershire sauce,salt and black pepper. Mix well and shape into 14-16 meatballs (2 inches (5 cm)) each. Press 1 small mozzarella ball in the center of each meatball and seal it inside.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides.
Pour 1 jar of tomato pasta sauce into 4 quart (4L) slow cooker. Place cooked meatballs over sauce. Pour remaining jar of tomato sauce over meatballs.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
Cook spaghetti,according packing instruction. Serve slow cooker mozzarella-stuffed meatballs over cooked pasta.