Slow Cooker Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs2021-01-19
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 6:00 h
- Ready In: 6:30 h
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.0 g
Unsaturated Fat0.1 g
Slow cooker mozzarella stuffed meatballs. Flavorful Italian-style meatballs stuffed with mozzarella cheese and cooked in a slow cooker. Substitute 2 jars (70 ml) of each tomato paste for the beef broth. You may also like Chicken Sliders, another tasty recipe cooked in a crockpot.
Slow Cooker Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs
- 2 pounds (960 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 g) Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 8 oz (240 g) small mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups (1.5 L) beef broth
- 12 oz (360g) uncooked spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, crushed basil leaves, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and shape into 14-16 meatballs (2-inches (5 cm)) each. Press 1 small mozzarella ball in the center of each meatball and seal it inside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides.
Pour 3 cups (750 ml) of beef broth sauce into a 4-quart (4 L) slow cooker. Place cooked meatballs. Pour remaining cups of broth over meatballs.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
Cook spaghetti, according to packing instructions. Serve slow cooker mozzarella-stuffed meatballs over cooked pasta.