Slow Cooker Mussel Soup with Saffron
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:10 h
- Ready In : 4:20 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 cups (500 ml) clam juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 saffron threads,crumbled
- 2 pounds (960 g) mussels,scrubbed
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except mussels. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4 hours. Add mussels and during last 15 minutes to cook.
Discard bay leaf and any mussels that have not opened. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Serve slow cooker mussel soup hot.