Slow Cooker German Potato Soup Recipe
- Yield : 8 soup bowls
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 g
Slow cooker German potato soup recipe. German potato soup with smoked sausages and cabbage also is known as ” Kartoffelsuppe” cooked in a slow cooker. Use vegetable stock to prepare this yummy soup.
Looking for more easy and yummy slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker German Potato Soup Recipe (Kartofellsuppe)
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 head of cabbage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- smoked German sausages, sliced
- chopped fresh parsley
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine the vegetables. Stir well. Sprinkle with marjoram, then season to taste with salt and black pepper. Pour the vegetable stock over vegetables, making sure the stock covers vegetables completely.
Close the pot and cook at a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Stir the potato soup well. Stir sliced sausages, then sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve hot.