Slow Cooker German Potato Soup Recipe2022-12-27
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 g
Slow cooker German potato soup recipe. German potato soup with smoked sausages and cabbage also known as Kartoffelsuppe cooked in a slow cooker. Use vegetable stock to prepare this yummy soup.
Looking for more easy and yummy slow cooker recipes? We have a massive collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker German Potato Soup
Slow Cooker German Potato Soup is a hearty and comforting dish that’s perfect for chilly days. This soup is packed with flavor, thanks to the combination of smoked sausages, tender potatoes, and savory cabbage. The best part? It’s incredibly easy to make in a slow cooker, which means you can set it and forget it while you go about your day.
Whether you’re looking for a warm meal to enjoy after a long day at work or a cozy dinner to share with family and friends, Slow Cooker German Potato Soup is sure to hit the spot.
Ingredients for Kartoffelsuppe with Smoked Sausages
To make a delicious and comforting slow cooker German potato soup with smoked sausages and cabbage, you will need a variety of ingredients. Here is a list of everything you will need to gather before getting started:
– 1 pound of smoked sausage, sliced into bite-sized pieces
– 4 cups of vegetable stock
– 3 pounds of potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 carrots, cubed
– 1 tablespoon of dried marjoram
– 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
– 1 stalk celery-1 leek, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
Make sure to have all of these ingredients on hand before beginning the cooking process. Once you have everything ready, you can move on to the next step of making your slow cooker German potato soup.
Steps to Make German Potato Soup
To make German Potato Soup with Smoked Sausages and Cabbage, you’ll need to follow these simple steps:
1. Begin by peeling and dicing the potatoes into small cubes. Chop the onions, celery, and cabbage as well.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the smoked sausages. Cook them until they are browned on all sides, then remove them from the skillet and slice them into bite-sized pieces.
3. In the same skillet, add the chopped onions. Cook them until they are soft and fragrant, then transfer them to the slow cooker.
4. Add the diced potatoes, sliced smoked sausages, chopped cabbage, bay leaves, and vegetable broth to the slow cooker. Stir everything together until it is well combined.
5. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The soup is ready when the potatoes are tender and the flavors have melded together.
6. Before serving, remove the bay leaves. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed with salt and pepper.
7. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives. Serve hot and enjoy the comforting and delicious flavors of this Slow Cooker German Potato Soup with Smoked Sausages and Cabbage.
Serving and Storing Slow Cooker German Potato Soup
Once your German Potato Soup with Smoked Sausages and Cabbage is ready, it’s time to serve and enjoy! This comforting and delicious soup can be served hot, garnished with fresh parsley or chives. You can also add a dollop of sour cream or crème fraîche on top for some extra creaminess.
If you have leftovers, let the soup cool down before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep well for up to 3-4 days. When reheating, you may need to add a splash of water or broth to thin it out as the potatoes tend to absorb the liquid when stored.
This soup is perfect for meal prep or batch cooking, as it freezes well too. Simply transfer the cooled soup into freezer-safe containers or bags, leaving some room for expansion, and freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place the container in the fridge overnight or use the defrost function on your microwave.
With its hearty and warming flavors, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Enjoy it on a chilly day or whenever you crave some comfort food!
Slow Cooker German Potato Soup Recipe (Kartofellsuppe)
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 head of cabbage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- smoked German sausages, sliced
- chopped fresh parsley
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine the vegetables. Stir well. Sprinkle with marjoram, then season to taste with salt and black pepper. Pour the vegetable stock over the vegetables, making sure the stock covers the vegetables completely.
Close the pot and cook at a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Stir the potato soup well. Stir sliced sausages, then sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve hot.