Slow Cooker Pear Cheesecake
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:10 h
- Ready In : 4:20 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker pear cheesecake. Very delicious dessert cooked in a slow cooker. The gingersnap crust adds flavor contrast to the pears in this creamy cheesecake.
- 8 oz (240 g) reduced-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium pear,peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- Gingersnap Crumb Crust (see recipe below)
- Gingersnap Crumb Crust:
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-3 tblespoons honey
In mixing bowl,combine cream cheese,sugar,all-purpose flour and salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in sour cream,beaten egg,and vanilla. Arrange pear slices on crust in springform pan. Pour filling over pears.
Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Place cheesecake in slow cooker. Cover,placing 3 layers of paper towels under lid and cook on high-heat setting for 3½-4 hours. Turn off heat and let stand,covered in crock pot for 1 hour.
Remove slow cooker pear cheesecake from crock pot and cool on wire rack. Place in refrigerator for 8 hours.
Gingersnap Crumb Crust: In springform pan,combine all ingredients,except honey. Mix well and add enough honey for mixture to stick together. Pat mixture evenly on bottom and 1-inch (2.5 cm) up side of pan.