Slow Cooker Pork and Edamame Soup
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker pork and edamame soup. Delicious soup with pork, vegetables, and sauces cooked in a slow cooker.
- 2 pounds (960g) boneless pork shoulder roast,trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 14½ oz (435 g) cans chicken broth
- 12 oz (360 g) package frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 8 oz (240 g) can sliced water chestnuts,drained
- 1 cup (250 g) chopped red sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 6 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 oz (90 g) package ramen noodles,broken
Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add cubed pork and cook,half at a time,over medium-high heat until brown. Drain off fat.
In a slow cooker,combine browned meat and remaining ingredients,except noodles Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
Stir in noodles. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for a further 5 minutes.