Slow Cooker Pork and Squash Ragout2022-10-08
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3 g
Trans Fat0 g
Slow cooker pork and squash ragout. Very delicious pork ragout cooked in a slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Pork and Squash Ragout
As the weather gets cooler, there’s nothing quite like a warm and hearty meal to satisfy your cravings. One dish that fits the bill perfectly is Pork and Squash Ragout. This delicious recipe combines tender pork with sweet squash and savory herbs for a comforting and flavorful meal that’s perfect for fall.
Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or meal prepping for the week ahead, this ragout is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection. So grab your slow cooker and let’s get started!
Serving Suggestions for Slow Cooker Pork and Squash Ragout
After spending hours preparing and cooking the perfect slow cooker pork and squash ragout, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy! This hearty dish is perfect for chilly fall evenings and pairs well with a variety of sides. Here are some serving suggestions to make your meal complete:
1. Serve over pasta: The rich and savory flavors of the pork and squash ragout pair perfectly with pasta. Choose your favorite type of pasta, whether it be spaghetti, penne, or rigatoni, and spoon the ragout on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese for an extra touch of flavor.
2. Pair with crusty bread: A warm loaf of crusty bread is the perfect accompaniment to this dish. Use the bread to soak up the delicious sauce and savor every bite.
3. Add a side salad: To balance out the richness of the ragout, add a simple side salad. A mix of greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber dressed with a light vinaigrette will do the trick.
4. Top with fresh herbs: Before serving, sprinkle some fresh chopped herbs on top of the ragout. Parsley, thyme, and rosemary all work well and add a pop of color and freshness to the dish.
No matter how you choose to serve it, this slow cooker pork and squash ragout is sure to be a hit at your next fall gathering or a cozy night in.
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) cubes
- 1 cup (250 g) peeled cubed butternut squash
- 1½ cups (375 g) chopped onions
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- chopped coriander
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except seasoning and chopped coriander. Cover and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Remove from slow cooker and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped coriander.
Serve pork and squash ragout hot.