Slow Cooker Quinoa with Sausage and Peppers
- Yield: 8 servings
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat6.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.2 g
Slow cooker quinoa with sausage and peppers. Quinoa with Italian sausages and red bell pepper cooked in a slow cooker. Very healthy and tasty!
Slow Cooker Quinoa with Sausages and Peppers
- 14½ oz (435ml) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa,rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 2 12-oz (360 g each) Italian-flavor cooked chicken sausage,sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, sedded and cut into small pieces
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
In a 4-5 quart (4-5 L) slow cooker, combine chicken broth, quinoa, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Mix well and add sausage, red bell pepper, and onion.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Stir gently before serving.