Slow Cooker Rabbit in Beer
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:20 h
- Ready In : 4:30 h
Average Member Rating
(4.2 / 5)
6people rated this recipe
Slow cooker rabbit in beer. Rabbit with vegetables and beer cooked in slow cooker.
- 2 pounds (960 g) dressed rabbit,cut up
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 potatoes,peeled and halved
- 4 carrots,bias-cut in 1-inch(2,5 cm)pieces
- 1 large onion,thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) beer
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold,fresh water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Season meat with salt and black pepper. In large nonstick skillet cook meat until browned.
In slow cooker arrange potatoes,carrots,and onion. Place cooked meat atop.
Combine together beer,chili sauce,brown sugar,and garlic. Pour mixture over meat. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat for 4 hours.
Remove rabbit from slow cooker. Drain vegetables and reserve cooking liquid. Return meat and vegetables to crock pot.Cover.
Measure liquid and add a beer,to make 1 ½ cups. In saucepan blend cold water into flour. Stir in reserved liquid and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook stirring gently,until thickened.
Arrange slow cooker rabbit and vegetables on platter. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with parsley(optional) Slow cooker rabbit is ready.