Slow Cooker Roasted Chili Cornbread2022-02-11
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2:00 h
- Ready In: 2:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.6 g
Trans Fat2.4 g
Unsaturated Fat1.9 g
Slow cooker roasted chili cornbread. Roasted chili cornbread is the perfect side dish for any meal. Serve it with a bowl of pasta for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
9 Secrets to Making the Perfect Cornbread with Your Slow Cooker
Making the perfect cornbread is as easy as following these 9 steps.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
3. Add buttermilk and eggs to the dry ingredients until you get a smooth batter that is not too thick or too thin.
4. Pour the batter into a greased slow cooker baking dish or an 8×8-inch square pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and slightly firm to touch in the center of the bread (it may take up to 30 minutes).
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving with honey butter or maple syrup
A friend of mine also suggests this cornbread in the slow cooker:
8. Pour batter into greased slow cooker baking dish or an 8×8-inch square pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and slightly firm to touch in the center of the bread (it may take up to 30 minutes).
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. I am not an expert at baking or cooking, so I would be happy if you could help me.
Slow Cooker Roasted Chili Cornbread
- 1/4 poblano chili, choppd
- 1/4 jalapeno chili, chopped
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup whole-kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Cook chilies in a greased nonstick skillet, for about 5 minutes Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, herbs, and salt. Mix well. Stir in combined egg and buttermilk.
Stir in reserved cooked vegetables, corn, and cilantro.
Pour batter into greased and floured springform pan. Arrange on rack in a slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high heat setting for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Turn off the slow cooker. Cool roasted chili bread in a pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.