Slow Cooker Spiced Ribs2022-09-22
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10:00 h
- Ready In: 10:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat6.4 g
Trans Fat6.6 g
Unsaturated Fat0.6 g
Slow cooker spiced ribs. Need a mouthwatering, slow cooker recipe? Make our spiced ribs for a tender and flavorful dish!
Slow Cooker Spiced Ribs
- 1/2 pound (240 g) medium-size carrots
- 1/2 pound (240 g) parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup prunes, pitted and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 1 square 100%-cotton cheesecloth
- 3 poinds (1.44 kg) pork ribs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) chicken broth
In a slow cooker, layer carrots, parsnips, onion, apricots, prunes, and garlic. Arrange the cinnamon stick, cloves, and allspice on a clean cheesecloth square. Tie the ends together with a clean kitchen string to form a bundle. Put the ribs and spice packet on top of the vegetables.
Using a measuring cup, stir together 1 cup of the chicken broth, the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Blend the mixture well. Pour evenly over ribs. Cover the slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 10-11 hours until vegetables and ribs are tender.
Transfer slow cooker spiced ribs to a large platter. Reserve vegetable mixture in the slow cooker. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm. Remove and discard spice packet.
In a measuring cup, stir together the remaining chicken broth and the flour. Blend well until smooth. Stir into vegetable mixture in the slow cooker. Cover the pot Cook on high for 5-10 minutes until liquid is thickened. Spoon vegetable mixture onto platter with ready slow cooker spiced ribs.