Slow Cooker Steak with Vegetable Gravy
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10:00 h
- Ready In: 10:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 3/4 cup carrot,finely chopped
- 3/4 cup onion,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery,finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper,finely chopped
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into 3/4-inch(2 cm) thick
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Combine together carrot,onion,celery,and green pepper in slow cooker. Cut beef into 6 equal pieces. Arrange beef atop of vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Combine ketchup,vinegar,and 1/3 cup fresh water. Mix well. Pour mixture over meat.
Cover crock pot and cook at low-heat for 8-10 hours. Remove beef from slow cooker.
Skim excess fat from cooking liquid. Pour mixture into saucepan. Return beef to slow cooker. Mix 1/2 cup fresh water slowly into flour. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until bubbly.
Put slow cooker steak on platter. Spoon vegetable gravy over cooked steak.