Smoked Salmon Pancakes
- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Smoked salmon pancakes.Very tasty dessert.An excellent choice for any breakfast.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 4 oz (120 g) self-raising flour
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- vegetable oil,for frying
- 1 cup (250 ml) creme fraiche
- 3 oz (90 g) smoked salmon,cut into 1-inch(2,5 cm) strips
- 1/2 oz (15 g) pine nuts,toasted
- fresh basil sprigs,to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a mixing bowl combine half of the milk,flour,pesto sauce,egg,salt and black pepper. Mix until smooth.
Add remaining milk and stir until evenly blended. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet.
Spoon the pancake mixture into the heated oil. Let the pancakes to rise for 30 seconds. Turn pancakes and cook gently on the other side. Continue cooking pancakes in batches till all the batter has been used up. Arrange baked pancakes on a serving plate.
Top each pancake with spoonful of creme fraiche. Arrange salmon strips on top of each pancake. Spread each pancake with toasted nuts. Serve smoked salmon pancakes with a sprig of fresh basil.