Spicy Shrimp Sandwich
- Yield : 2
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Spicy shrimp sandwich.Very easy and delicious sandwich with shrimp and chipotle avocado mayonnaise.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound (220 g) raw medium shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 1 ripe avocado,peeled,pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 g) mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- 2 french rolls
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
In a medium mixing bowl,combine ground cumin,garlic powder,1/4 teaspoon kosher salt,chili powder and olive oil. Stir well. Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat.
In a food processor,combine 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt,avocado,mayonnaise,chipotle pepper and lime juice. Process until smooth.
Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes or until they are pink and cooked through. remove cooked shrimp from the heat and set aside.
Cut French rolls in half lengthwise. Lightly toast them. Spread avocado mixture on the toasted rolls. Arrange lettuce leaves on the bottom half of the toasted roll and place 10 cooked shrimp on each sandwich.
Serve immediately and enjoy!