Spicy Sizzling Shrimp
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Spicy sizzling shrimp. Skillet-fried marinated jumbo shrimp.Spicy and tasty!
- 1 pound (480 g) jumbo shrimp,peeled,deveined and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
- ice cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cherry vinegar
- flaky sea salt,such as Maldon
In a bowl,dissolve kosher salt in boiling water. Add ice cubes until room temperature is achieved. Add shrimp and set aside for 15 minutes.
Drain shrimp and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
In a large nonstick skillet,preheat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant(about 4 minutes). Gently stir in hot pepper flakes and chopped cilantro leaves.
Add shrimp and cook,stirring and coating shrimp with a warm oil,until firm and pink(about 4 minutes).
Using a slotted spoon,transfer cooked shrimp and garlic to a warm platter. Drizzle with sherry vinegar and add cooking oil to taste. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Serve spicy sizzling shrimp hot.