Spinach and Feta Roll-Ups
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Ready In: 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Spinach and feta roll-ups. A very delicious pie baked in an oven.
- 10 oz (300 g) fresh spinach leaves,washed
- 6 green onions,white part with a bit of green,finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons Italian flat-leaf parsley,finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 pound (120 g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg,beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sheets thawed phyllo pastry
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted unsalted butter
To Make Filling: In a large saucepan,place wet spinach leaves. Cover tightly and cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted(about 4-5 minutes).
Transfer to a colander and drain off liquid. Chop cooked spinach finely.
In a mixing bowl,combine chopped spinach,green onions,minced garlic,parsley and feta. Mix well.
Add beaten egg and mix again. Add seasoning and set aside.
To Make a Rolls: On a work surface,cut phyllo sheets in half crosswise to form 6 sheets. Quickly brush each sheet with melted butter,stacking them on top of each other.
When all 6 sheets are in place,arrange with one long end closest to you. Spread spinach mixture evenly over the top,leaving a 1-inch(2.5 cm) border on long end farthest away from you.
Beginning with the long end closest to you,roll up jelly-roll fashion to form a log. With a sharp knife,score into 12 slices across the log,1-inch(2.5 cm) apart. Brush top of rolls with melted butter.
Preheat oven to 400°F(190°C).
Place rolls on baking sheet,lined with parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven until light golden,about 20 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice spinach and feta roll-ups along scored marks. Serve warm.