- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
Spinach risotto.Excellent vegetarian meal.Very easy to make! For vegetarians-use vegetable stock as a substitute for chicken stock.
- 4 cups (1L) plus 1 tablespoon chicken broth,divided
- 1/2 cup (125 g) frozen chopped onions,thawed and drained
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz (30 g) package frozen chopped spinach,thawed and drained
In a saucepan,boil 4 cups chicken broth over high heat. Reduce heat to low and keep it warm.
Grease medium saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add 1 tablespoon chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat.
Add chopped onions and cook,stirring frequently,until onions are softened and translucent. Stir in Arborio rice,then reduce heat to low. Gradually add 1 cup hot chicken broth and stir well until absorbed. Continue adding chicken broth 1 cup at a time,stirring and allowing rice to absorb broth before adding more.
Once all chicken broth has been absorbed,add grated Parmesan cheese,black pepper to taste and chopped spinach. Heat through and serve.