Tuscan Vegetable Soup2021-01-28
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2:15 h
- Ready In: 2:25 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat9.7 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat3.7 g
Tuscan vegetable soup. Very tasty Italian vegetable soup, also good for vegetarian.
- 8 oz (240 g) dried beans
- 1½ pounds (700 g) cabbage,shredded
- 1 onion,peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large leek,trimmed and sliced
- 1 carrot,peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 oregano sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 3 pints (1,7 L) light stock
Soak beans in cold water overnight. Drain beans and put them into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1½ hours until tender.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry vegetables, except cabbage until lightly browned. Add cabbage and seasoning and fry for a further 5 minutes.
Remove herbs from the saucepan and add tomato purée, beans, and light stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.