Watermelon and Shrimp Appetizer
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
Watermelon and shrimp appetizer. Very easy appetizer recipe.
- half of watermelon,peeled,seeded and cut into 32 cubes
- 32 large shrimp,peeled,deveined and poached,tails on
- 1/2 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup (60 g) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a small mixing bowl,combine peanut butter and rice vinegar. Whisk until completely blended. Stir in minced garlic,ginger and soy sauce. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Pour sauce over the shrimp,reserving some for dipping. Refrigerate shrimp with marinade for 1 hour.
Remove marinated shrimp from refrigerator. Alternate marinated shrimp,watermelon and basil on 8 bamboo skewers.