Chicken Breasts with Fresh Tomato Sauce2012-07-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Chicken breasts with fresh tomato sauce.Chicken breasts cooked under broiler and served with delicious homemade tomato sauce.
- 3 medium-size ripe tomatoes,cored and chopped
- 4 finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced green chili,fresh or canned (optional)
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts,cut into halves
- 1/8 teaspoon skinned and boned chicken breasts,cut into halves
- parsley sprigs for garnish
Preheat the broiler and lightly grease the rack.
In a small bowl,combine the tomatoes,green onions,coriander,1 tablespoon of the oil(vegetable or olive),the freshly squeezed lime juice,cumin,and,if you like,the chili. Set aside.
Brush both side of chicken breasts with the remaining olive or vegetable oil,then sprinkle with the pepper. Broil the chicken breasts 4-5 inches (10-12 cm) from the heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Turn and broil 3 minutes more or until no longer pink when cut near the center. Arrange the chicken breasts on a small heated platter,ladle the sauce to one side,and garnish with coriander sprigs
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe