Fresh Pasta with Spinach and Prosciutto2012-06-16
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Fresh pasta with spinach and prosciutto.Oven baked pasta with spinach and prosciutto.Very delicious Italian recipe!
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) spinach
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove,peeled adn minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 pound (480 g) fresh pasta dough,cut 1/4 inch wide
- 1/2 cup buttered doft bread crumbs (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Wash the spinach carefully and cook in a covered pan in only the water clinging to the leaves until just tender. Drain and chop. Add the lemon juice.
Melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic in it until tender. Blend in the flour. Gradually stir in the half-and-half and bring to a boil,stirring. Season with salt,pepper and nutmeg.
Cook the noodles until barely tender and drain. Add the spinach to the sauce and mix well. Toss the noodles,spinach mixture and prosciutto together and place in a buttered shallow casserole. Top with the crumbs.Bake pasta for 15-20 min,or until very hot and light brown.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe