Pressure Cooker Creamy Chicken Breasts
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6-8 oz (180-240 g) skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon saltand 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
In a pressure cooker,melt butter over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add to pressure cooker and brown well,turning once,for about 4 minutes. Using a tongs,remove cooked chicken from cooker and transfer to a large bowl.
Add chopped onion to the pot. Cook,stirring,until translucent,for about 3 minutes. Pour in dry white wine,stir,scraping any browned bits in cooker as wine comes to simmer. Stir in chicken broth,Dijon mustard and dried tarragon. Return cooked chicken with any accumulated juices to the pot.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 14 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using a Quick Release method. Using a tongs,transfer cooked chicken to serving platter,reserving cooking liquid.
Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook,stirring occasionally,until reduced by half,for about 2-3 minutes. Stir in heavy (double) cream and cook,stirring, for a further 1 minute.
Turn off pressure cooker. Pour creamy sauce over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with your favorite vegetable salad.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe