Slow Cooker Mushroom-Barley Soup2014-01-02
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Slow cooker mushroom-barley soup.Delicious soup cooked in slow cooker.
- 1½ quarts(1½ L) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomato juice
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- reduced-fat sour cream,to garnish
In 6-quart(6 L) slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seasoning and sour cream. Mix well,cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Top each bowl of mushroom-barley soup with a dollop of sour cream.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe