Slow Cooker Mushroom-Barley Soup
- 1½ quarts(1½ L) chicken broth
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- reduced-fat sour cream,to garnish
- In 6-quart(6 L) slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except seasoning and sour cream.
- Mix well,cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Top each bowl of mushroom-barley soup with a dollop of sour cream.