Baked Chicken and Bacon Casserole
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
- 1 oz (30 g) all-purpose flour
- 10 oz (300 g) boneless and skinless chicken pieces
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 g) bacon,chopped
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and crushed
- 1 carrot,peeled and diced
- 2-3 sticks of celery,finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- handful of fresh parsley,chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,salt and black pepper. Mix well. Coat well chicken pieces and set aside.
In a saute pan,heat olive oil over medium heat. Add seasoned chicken pieces and cook until browned. Remove cooked chicken from the heat and transfer to casserole dish.
Add chopped bacon,onion and garlic to saute pan. Cook until bacon starts to brown and onions soften. Remove from the heat and add to the casserole dish with diced carrot and celery.
Add chicken stock and dry white wine to the same saute pan. Heat this up and,using wooden spoon scrape any cooked bits stuck to the pan. Pour mixture into casserole dish.
Place the casserole dish on the high rack of turbo oven.. Set temperature to 380 F (180 C) and cook for 50-60 minutes. During the last 5-10 minutes of cooking,sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.