Baked Fish Phyllo Parcels
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil+2 tablespoons
- 5 skinless and boneless hake fillets
- 3 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 3 1/3 oz (100 g) fresh spinach,chopped
- 2 oz (60 g) fresh parsley,chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter,melted
- 6 garlic cloves,peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 red chilies,deseeded and halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves,divided (half finely minced, the other half whole)
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry,cut into 12 squares (12-inches x 12 inches(30 cm x 30 cm))
- 2 oz (60 g) unsalted melted butter
Preheat your oven to 400 F (200 C). Grease with nonstick cooking spray 4 large muffin tins.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in frying pan over high heat. Add fish fillets and fry for 4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Remove fried fish from frying pan and ,using 2 forks,finely shred it. In a mixing bowl,combine shredded fish,breadcrumbs,parsley,spinach,salt and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
For the Sauce: Heat 3 tablespoons melted butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic,chilies and thyme and cook,stirring,for 2 minutes. Remove spicy mixture from the heat,season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
Brush the pastry squares with remaining melted butter. Make stacks of 3 squares each. Line the muffin tins with the pastry stacks.
Pile a quarter of the filling into the middle of each square. With your hands,bring the pastry up over the filling, partially encasing it. Brush the pastry edges with more melted butter.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove baked fish phyllo parcels from the oven. Serve with spicy sauce.