Baked Oysters with Bacon and Parmesan Cheese
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
- 24 large raw oysters,chucked and drained
- Oyster sauce(recipe follows)
- 2 pounds (960 g) fresh spinach,blanches and squeezed
- 12 strips bacon,cooked until crisp,well drained and crumbled
- grated Parmesan cheese
- paprika to taste
- For Oyster Sauce:
- 2 cups (500 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3-4 dashes hot red pepper
- lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F(190°C).
Lightly grease shallow baking dish. Arrange oysters in single layer and top with Oyster sauce,then spinach and bacon strips. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese,covering spinach completely. Dust lightly with paprika.
Bake uncovered until cheese begin brown and bubble,about 10-15 minutes.
For Oyster Sauce: Combine all ingredients in mixer. Mix well.
Add freshly squeezed lemon juice,salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture onto baked oysters.