Best Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe2021-06-21
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 12:00 h
- Ready In: 12:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5.6 g
Trans Fat2.3 g
Unsaturated Fat1.2 g
Best slow cooker beef stew recipe. This recipe belongs to Hungarian cuisine. This recipe for beef stew is made in the slow cooker. The flavors of the vegetables and beef are infused together to make a dish that is savory, sweet, and sour all at once.
The Best Recipe For Slow Cooker Beef Stew
This is a great recipe for those who want to make a beef stew without having to watch over it. The slow cooker does all the work for you. It takes about 8 hours, but you can put it together in the morning and come home to a delicious dinner.
What to Add To Your Slow Cooker Beef Stew To Make It Extra Special
One of the most popular recipes for beef stew is a slow cooker recipe. This recipe is easy, and it can be made extra special by adding these ingredients to your beef stew.
The first thing you should do when making this dish is to brown the meat before adding it to the slow cooker. This will not only give the dish a more robust flavor, but it will also ensure that the meat is tender and juicy.
Next, you should add some diced potatoes and carrots to your slow cooker. The potatoes will break down and thicken up your broth while the carrots will add some sweetness to your beef stew.
Lastly, you need to cook your beef stew for at least 8 hours on low heat with a little bit of liquid added every now and then if needed. You can also add some seasoning like salt, pepper, bay leaf or thyme to make sure that your dish has a robust flavor that goes well with rice or bread as an accompaniment.
5 Key Factors You Must Consider In Making The Perfect Slow Cooker Beef Stew
We will go over the five key factors that you must consider in making the perfect slow cooker beef stew.
1) Consider the type of meat: Beef stew can be made with beef, lamb, chicken, or turkey
2) Consider the type of vegetables: One major consideration when making a beef stew is how much liquid to use. Vegetables can vary greatly in moisture content and might need more or less liquid than other ingredients to cook properly. Potatoes are often included but potatoes absorb a lot of water so they should be cut small and cooked separately before adding to the stew.
3) Consider the type of broth: 4) Consider seasoning:
5) Consider cooking time:
Best Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) beef round, cubed
- 4 tablespoons seasoned flour (see recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups (370 ml) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 yeloow onions, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram
- Seasoned Flour: 1 cup (250 g_ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Put meat in a slow cooker. Add seasoned flour. Toss with meat.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Cover with a lid. Cook the beef stew on a High for 4-6 hours, or Low for 10-12 hours.
For Seasoned Flour: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.