Cheesy Chicken Soup
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
Cheesy chicken soup.Delicious chicken soup with cheddar,Parmesan and Gorgonzola cheeses.
- 2 boneless,skinless chicken breasts,cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion,peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 32 oz(960 ml) low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup(125 ml) buffalo wing sauce
- 1/3 cup(80 g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(60 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- sliced whole wheat baguettes, toasted with Parmesan cheese
- sliced green onions for topping
- crumbled Gorgonzola
- chopped cilantro
- salt,to taste
In a large pot,preheat olive oil. Add diced onion,sprinkle with salt and cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
Add garlic and cook,stirring,for additional 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with flour,stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add chicken stock,buffalo wing sauce and cheeses. Stir well,the bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer,stirring occasionally,for 10-15 minutes.
Top with toasted baguettes,chopped cilantro,green onions and crumbled Gorgonzola. Serve hot.