Chicken Breast Strips with Mushrooms
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Chicken breast strips with mushrooms.Chicken breast strips with vegetables cooked in skillet.
- 3 medium green bell peppers,cut in thin strips
- 4 green onions,cut diagonally
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% cream
- 1¹⁄³ cup mushrooms,sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound (480 g) skinless,boneless chicken breasts,cut into strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.to taste
- 10 oz (300 ml) canned cream of mushroom soup
In nonstick skillet,melt butter. Add sliced mushrooms and green bell peppers and sautè until the peppers are crisp-tender. Add thyme and lemon juice,stir and set aside.
In another skillet,heat vegetable oil and sautè chicken strips. Add seasoning and remove excess fat from skillet when chicken strips are cooked. Fold 35% cream into cream of mushroom soup and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute over medium heat.
Add mushroom mixture to cooked chicken,stir well,then pour over mushroom soup. Sprinkle with green onions and serve hot.