Chicken in Ale Sauce
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Chicken in ale sauce.Chicken with homemade ale sauce.This delicious dish cooks quickly.Using beer to flavor cooking is increasingly popular.
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 6 siinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup (80 g) chopped yellow onion
- 2 ½ cups (370 g) chopped mushrooms
- 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) brown ale
- 4 teaspoons white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly gound black pepper
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
In a large nonstick skillet skillet,heat cooking oil. Add chicken and brown in hot oil over medium-high heat,turning chicken once,to brown on all sides. Stir in mushrooms, 3/4 cup chicken broth ,beer,Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Season with salt and black pepper.
Remove cooked chicken and transfer to serving platter. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
In a mixing bowl,combine remaining chicken broth and all-purpose flour. Stir well. Add to skillet. Cook,stirring,until thickened and bubbly. Pour ale sauce over chicken and serve.