Chicken Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1¼ cups (310 ml) yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled crushed
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs(oregano,dill,tarragon,parsley)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts,skinless and boneless,cut into 1½-inch(4 cm) chunks
- oil,for oiling
- Romaine lettuce,shredded,to serve
- rice to serve
- lemon wedges,to garnish
To make the yogurt sauce,in a mixing bowl,combine yogurt,garlic,lemon juice,herbs and seasoning. Mix well.
Add chicken chunks to yogurt mixture and toss well until chunks are coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Meanwhile,soak wooden skewers in a cold water for 30 minutes.
Preheat gas grill to 425°F(220°C).
Thread chicken chunks onto 8 soaked wooden skewers and place on an oiled grilling rack. Cook chicken kabobs for 15 minutes,turning and basting with the remaining marinade occasionally,until lightly browned and tender.
Pour the remaining yogurt sauce into a pan and heat gently(don't boil). Serve chicken kabobs with cooked rice and garnish with lemon wedges. Accompany with the yogurt sauce.