Chicken Marengo Recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Chicken Marengo recipe. This recipe adapted from http://mycarolinakitchen.blogspot.ca Chicken breasts with vegetables,brandy,dry white wine and herbs baked in skillet.Reach of ingredients and vitamins!
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh buttom mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and finely minced
- pinch of dried thyme
- 1/2 cup Prosciutto, diced
- 14 oz (420 ml) can whole tomatoes,cut into pieces
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4-6 anchovies,chopped
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towel. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Dredge seasoned chicken pieces lightly in all-purpose flour.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken breasts and saute until golden brown,turning frequently. Remove browned chicken from the skillet and transfer to plate. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Using the same skillet,cook,stirring, onions,mushrooms and minced parsley.(add more olive oil as needed) Cook until mushrooms are tender,seasoned with salt and black pepper during cooking process. Stir in minced garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Stir in the thyme, oregano, and Prosciutto cook for additional 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes,dry white wine,brandy,tomato paste and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour. Mix well,then reduce heat to medium and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Return chicken to the skillet. Cover pan and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken breasts are tender. Add the anchovies to the sauce about 10 minutes before it is ready and the olives five minutes before you serve.
Remove cooked chicken from the pan. Transfer to serving platter. Pour sauce over. Serve immediately.