Chicken Marengo Recipe2021-06-05
- Cuisine: French
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Ready In: 50m
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.5 g
Chicken Marengo recipe. Chicken pieces with vegetables, brandy, dry white wine, and herbs baked in a skillet. Reach of ingredients and vitamins! Are you looking for more dinner recipes? We have a big collection of them, please check it out-Dinner
Chicken Marengo Recipe
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh buttom mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- pinch of dried thyme
- 1/2 cup Prosciutto, diced
- 14 oz (420 ml) can whole tomatoes,cut into pieces
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towel. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Dredge seasoned chicken pieces lightly in all-purpose flour.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken breasts and sauté until golden brown, turning frequently. Remove browned chicken from the skillet and transfer to plate. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Using the same skillet, cook, stirring, onions, mushrooms and minced parsley.(add more olive oil as needed) Cook until mushrooms are tender, seasoned with salt and black pepper during cooking process. Stir in minced garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Stir in the thyme, oregano, and Prosciutto cook for additional 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, dry white wine, brandy, tomato paste, and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour. Mix well, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Return chicken to the skillet. Cover pan and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is are tender.
Remove cooked chicken from the pan. Transfer to serving platter. Pour sauce over. Serve immediately.