Chicken Roasted in Beer
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 1:30 h
- Ready In: 1:40 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 6 chicken tights
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- all-purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic,peeled
- 1 cup cubed panchetta
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 bulb fennel,diced
- 1 red onion,peeled and finely chopped
- handful of green olives,pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme,chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil,chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage,chopped
- 4 bay leaves
Preheat oven to 330°F(160°C).
In a mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour with salt and black pepper. Toss chicken pieces in flour mixture.
Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken pieces and fry until lightly browned all over.
Arrange fried chicken in a casserole dish.
Using the same skillet,fry onion and panchetta until onion is translucent. Add to fried chicken in casserole dish. Add remaining ingredients and pour beer over.
Bake in uncovered casserole dish for 90 minutes,turning chicken pieces occasionally. Serve chicken roasted in beer hot.