Chicken Salad with Mango
- Yield : 6 serving plates
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Chicken salad with mango. Use it as a side or main dish. Creamy and tasty.
- 1½ pounds (750g) skinless,boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 firm but ripe mangoes,peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 scallions(including the green tops),minced
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews,coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- salted water
- For Dressing:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- curry powder to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, bring the chicken and salted water to a boil. Remove saucepan from the heat.
Set chicken aside and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove chicken breasts from the saucepan. Cut chicken into small pieces. Put in a large glass bowl. Sprinkle the chicken with lemon juice. Toss well.
Combine mangoes, celery, and scallions. Add to chicken and toss again. In a small bowl, combine together the dressing ingredients. Add to chicken mixture. Toss the ingredients to combine them well.
Before serving chicken salad with mango, and toss it with cashews and cilantro. Serve chicken salad with mango chilled.