Chicken Salad with Pear
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Chicken salad with pear. Delicious and healthy salad. Very easy to prepare.
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups (375 ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon sat
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 large pears,peeled,cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon tarragon,crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves,chopped
In a saucepan,combine chicken breasts,water,1/2 teaspoon salt,1 tablespoon vinegar,and black pepper.(The liquid should cover the chicken) Bring chicken to a boil.
Remove saucepan from the heat,cover and set aside. Remove cooked chicken breasts from saucepan and let them cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. Cut cooked chicken into cubes.
Combine together 1/3 cup vinegar,sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small measuring cup. Mix well and set mixture aside.
Arrange sliced pears and chicken pieces on lettuce-lined platter. Stir the reserved dressing and drizzle over pears and chicken. Sprinkle chicken salad with pear with the mint.