Chicken Wings in Tomato Sauce
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
Chicken wings in tomato sauce.Chicken wings with delicious homemade tomato sauce.Mouthwatering recipe!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ½ pounds (1.2 kg) chicken wings
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1/2 eggplant,finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove,peeled,smashed and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sauce,heated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 28 oz (840 ml) can tomatoes,drained and chopped
Heat vegetable oil in a large saute pan. Add chicken wings and cook 3 minutes over medium heat.
Season chicken with salt and black pepper and turn over. Continue cooking for a further 3 minutes.
Add chopped onion and cook,stirring,for 2 minutes. Stir in eggplant and garlic. Cook for 8 minutes,partially covered,over medium heat. Stir as required.
Stir in drained tomatoes and cook for a further 3-4 minutes,uncovered,over medium heat.
Pour on brown sauce and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 8 minute more,partially covered,over medium heat,stirring occasionally.
Remove cooked chicken wings with tomato sauce from sauce pan and serve immediately.