Chicken Wings in Tomato Sauce2021-11-16
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2 g
Chicken wings in tomato sauce. Chicken wings with delicious homemade tomato sauce. Mouthwatering recipe! You may also like Chicken Wings Potato Stew
Are you looking for more easy and delicious chicken recipes? We have a big collection of them, please check it out-Chicken
Chicken Wings in Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ½ pounds (1.2 kg) chicken wings
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 eggplant, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, smashed, and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sauce, heated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 28 oz (840 ml) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
Heat vegetable oil in a large sauté pan. Add chicken wings and cook 3 minutes over medium heat.
Season chicken with salt and black pepper and turn over. Continue cooking for a further 3 minutes.
Add chopped onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in eggplant and garlic. Cook for 8 minutes, partially covered, over medium heat. Stir as required.
Stir in drained tomatoes and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, uncovered, over medium heat.
Pour on brown sauce and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 8 minute more, partially covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Remove cooked chicken wings with tomato sauce from sauce pan and serve immediately.