Cranberry-Orange Bread Pudding
- Cuisine: Danish
- Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Oven
- Skill Level: Advanced, Child Friendly
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 14-18
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- grated peel of 1 large orange
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) sweet white wine
- 1 cup (250 g) dried cranberries
- 1 pound (480 g) plain egg bread,bottom crust trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 6 large eggs,beaten
- 3/4 cups (180 g) plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups (500 g0 whipping cream
Preheat the oven to 325 F (160 C).
In a heavy saucepan,combine milk,whipping cream and orange peel. Cook until bubbled. Add vanilla extract,white wine and cranberries. Cover pan and set aside for 15 minutes.
Place cubed bread in a large jellyroll pan. bake for 10 minutes until golden.
In a large pot,boil several quarts of water. Reduce the heat and simmer for a coupe of minutes.
In a large mixing bowl,combine beaten eggs and 3/4 cup of sugar. Whisk well. Whisk into the hot whipping cream mixture. Add bread cubes and gently mix them in. Soak for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a greased glass baking dish.
In a small mixing bowl,combine remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture over the pudding.
Place the baking dish inside a larger roasting pan and pour the boiling water in the pan,so it comes halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
Bake for 35 minutes.
Remove baked cranberry-orange bread pudding from the heat and let cool.