Crock Pot Chunky Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe2018-11-06
- Yield : 8-10 soup bowls
- Servings : 8-10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts ,halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 oz (300 g) fresh mushrooms,sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream sherry wine
- 2 cans (10 oz (300 ml) each)) cream of mushroom soup
- 6 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and black pepper. Pour all-purpose flour onto shallow dish. Dip seasoned chicken into flour,shaking off excess.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Brown chicken breasts on both sides (do not cook them completely!). Transfer browned meat to baking sheet.
Add unsalted butter to the same skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms,sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cook,stirring,until golden brown. Add sherry wine and cook,stirring,for a further 1-2 minutes. Stir in cream of mushroom soup and mix well. Cook until thoroughly heated.
Pour mushroom sauce over browned chicken breasts. Top each chicken piece with slice of Mozzarella cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes to cook,switch oven to broil setting. Remove foil from the dish and broil for a further 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove cooked chicken with mushroom sauce from the oven. Set aside and allow to cool slightly. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve.