CrockPot Brunswick Stew Recipe2022-11-26
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.2 / 5)
5 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.6 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat2.2 g
Crockpot Brunswick stew recipe. Cubed chicken breasts with vegetables cooked in a crockpot. Very easy and delicious!
Crockpot Brunswick Stew
Brunswick Stew is a classic Southern dish that has been enjoyed for generations. This hearty stew is made with a combination of meats, vegetables, and a savory tomato-based broth. It’s the perfect comfort food to warm you up on a chilly day or to serve at a family gathering. The best part? It’s incredibly easy to make in a crockpot!
With just a few simple ingredients and some patience, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal ready to enjoy. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to prepare this mouth-watering dish from scratch. So, grab your crockpot, and let’s get cooking!
Ingredients for Brunswick Stew
To make this delicious stew, you will need a combination of meat, vegetables, and spices. Here are the ingredients you will need:
– 1 pound of boneless chicken breast or thighs
– 1 cup chicken broth
– butter beans, rinsed and drained
– diced tomatoes, undrained
– whole-kernel corn
– chopped yellow onion
– chopped green bell pepper
– crushed red pepper
– cold water
– Salt and black pepper to taste
These ingredients are easy to find in any grocery store and can be adjusted according to your preferences. Once you have all the ingredients ready, it’s time to start preparing the stew.
Steps to Prepare The Stew
To prepare Brunswick Stew, follow these simple steps:
1. Begin by preparing your vegetables. Peel and dice the onion, and drain the canned corn and butter beans.
2. Transfer all ingredients, except okra, cornstarch, water, salt, and black pepper to your crockpot.
3. Cover the crockpot and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-5 hours, adding okra during the last 20 minutes. The longer you cook the stew, the more flavorful it will be.
4. Once the cooking time is up, give the stew a good stir and taste it. Adjust the seasoning as needed with salt, pepper, or additional hot sauce.
5. Dissolve the cornstarch in water. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the pot, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
6. Serve the Crockpot Brunswick Stew hot with some crusty bread or cornbread on the side. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Serving and Storing the Stew
After cooking the Brunswick Stew, it’s time to serve and store it properly. This stew is best served hot with a side of cornbread or crackers. You can also top it off with some shredded cheese or sour cream for added flavor.
If you have any leftovers, let the stew cool down before storing it in an airtight container. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to three days or freeze it for up to three months. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly before serving.
Crockpot Brunswick Stew is perfect for meal prepping or feeding a crowd. It’s a hearty and flavorful dish that will surely satisfy your cravings. With this easy recipe, you can cook up a delicious meal without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Crockpot Brunswick Stew Recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 15 oz (450 ml) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except okra, cornstarch, water, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
Cover the pot and cook on a high-heat setting for 4-5 hours, adding okra during the last 20 minutes.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Mix until the cornstarch dissolved completely. Stir combined cornstarch into the slow cooker, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
Turn off the cooker. Ladle the stew into soup bowls. Serve hot.