Easy Caprese Chicken Recipe2023-05-20
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat0 g
Easy Caprese chicken recipe. Boneless and skinless chicken breasts with tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese cooked in a skillet. This delicious and easy dinner recipe belongs to Italian cuisine.
What is Italian Caprese Chicken Made Of?
Italian Caprese chicken is made of a few simple and fresh ingredients that come together to create a delicious and flavorful dish. The main components of this recipe include boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cherry tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil.
How to Make Easy Italian Caprese Chicken
To make Italian Caprese chicken, start by heating 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
Next, remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set them aside. In the same skillet, add 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved, and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until they start to soften. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and top each one with a slice of Mozzarella cheese. Cover the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Once the cheese has melted, remove the skillet from the heat and garnish the chicken breasts with fresh basil leaves. Serve the Italian Caprese chicken hot, and enjoy the combination of flavors from the juicy tomatoes, creamy Mozzarella cheese, and aromatic basil. This easy and delicious recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for impressing guests with a taste of Italian cuisine.
Caprese Chicken Serving Suggestions
When it comes to serving Caprese chicken, there are several delicious options to consider. This versatile dish pairs well with a variety of sides and accompaniments, allowing you to customize your meal to suit your preferences. Here are two serving suggestions to inspire you:
1. Pasta: Serve your Caprese chicken over a bed of al dente pasta for a satisfying and complete meal. Choose a pasta shape that can hold the sauce, such as penne or fusilli. Toss the pasta with a drizzle of olive oil, some fresh basil leaves, and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese. Place the cooked Caprese chicken on top of the pasta and garnish with additional cherry tomatoes and basil for a beautiful presentation.
2. Salad: For a lighter option, serve your Caprese chicken alongside a fresh salad. Combine mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella balls in a bowl. Drizzle with a balsamic vinaigrette or a simple olive oil and lemon dressing. Slice the cooked Caprese chicken and arrange it on top of the salad. Finish with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and torn basil leaves for added flavor.
These serving suggestions provide a balance of flavors and textures that complement the Caprese chicken perfectly. Whether you choose pasta or salad, you can’t go wrong with these delicious options. Experiment with different variations and ingredients to create your own unique twist on this classic dish. Enjoy!
How to Store Leftovers
Storing leftovers properly is essential to maintain their freshness and flavor. Here are some tips on how to store your Caprese chicken leftovers:
1. Refrigeration: Place the leftover Caprese chicken in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. Make sure to consume the leftovers within 3-4 days to ensure their quality.
2. Freezing: If you have a larger amount of leftovers or want to save them for a longer period, freezing is a great option. Wrap the chicken tightly in plastic wrap or place it in a freezer-safe container. Label the container with the date and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
3. Thawing: When you’re ready to enjoy your frozen Caprese chicken, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. This slow thawing process helps maintain the texture and flavor of the chicken.
4. Reheating: To reheat the leftovers, you can either use the microwave or the oven. If using the microwave, place the chicken in a microwave-safe dish and heat it in short intervals, stirring occasionally, until it reaches the desired temperature. If using the oven, preheat it to 350°F (175°C), place the chicken in an oven-safe dish, cover it with foil, and heat for about 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Easy Caprese Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3-4 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Add seasoned meat to the skillet and cook until golden, turning once, for about 6-8 minutes per side.
Remove cooked chicken from the pan and transfer to a serving plate. Cover and keep warm.
Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to the same skillet, then stir well to combine. Stir in mincd garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Add sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with salt. Allow tomatoes to simmer until soft, for about 5-7 minutes.
Stir half of chopped fresh basil and return chicken to the skillet. Top with sliced Mozzarella, then cover to melt cheese. Place cooked tomatotes over cheese and chicken. Sprinkle with remaining basil and transfer to serving plates.