Easy Cheesy Chicken Soup
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Easy cheesy chicken soup. Delicious chicken soup with cheese, beer, and bacon.
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,chunked
- 1/4 cup (60 g) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground chile de arbol (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) beer
- 1 cup 9250 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 g) half-and-half
- 8 oz 9240 g_ cheddar cheese,shredded
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- chives and croutons for garnish
Preheat 8 quart pot over high heat.
Using a scissors,cut bacon into a pot.
Fry until crisp
Add chunked chicken into bacon grease. Cook,stirring occasionally ,until chicken cooked through. Remove cooked chicken from the heat and place together with cooked bacon.
Cut butter into small pieces and add to pan drippings. Stir in all-purpose flour and all spices. Add beer, broth and half & half. Stir well and bring to a boil.Cook until bubble.
Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and add reserved cooked bacon,chicken and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to use,stirring occasionally.
Garnish with chives and croutons and serve immediately.