Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Yield : 48 cookies
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
4people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
For an in-between-meals snack a cookie or two, especially homemade, is always popular. Cookies are quick and easy to make and are an excellent introduction to the more complicated techniques of cake and bread making.
All cookies are made from basically the same ingredients- flour, sugar, shortening, possibly eggs and leavening, plus liquid and flavoring- they vary in texture and taste according to the proportions and flavorings used.
Cookies may be divided into eight groups according to the method.
1. A soft dough that can be spread or pressed out into a shallow baking pan, then baked and cut into bars while still hot.
2. A soft dough that can be dropped from a spoon on to a baking sheet. 3. A moderately soft dough that can be molded into balls with the hands. 4. A moderately soft dough that can be put through a cookie press. 5. A firm dough which is formed into rolls or bars then chilled thoroughly in the refrigerator, slice thinly with a sharp, thin-bladed knife, and baked. 6. A fairly firm dough which is rolled thinly then cut into shapes. 7. A dough made from whipped egg whites, sugar, and coconut or cereal flakes and dropped in small heaps onto a greased baking sheet. 8. Savory biscuit dough; the shortening is rubbed into the flour and the dough rolled very thinly.
Helpful Hints for Cookie Making
It is most important that fresh ingredients be used in cookie making. This is especially so with shortening: only the best quality should be used as the butter or margarine in them gives the biscuits their crispness.
Most of the types of cookie are more successful if the softest dough that can be handled is used, and the least amount of flour used for rolling and cutting. The soft dough is easier to handle if chilled for about 20-30 minutes before rolling.
Chilling the dough gives additional crispness when baked. In rolling any dough, turn out onto a lightly floured surface, flour the rolling pin, and use only as much pressure as necessary to roll the dough out into a sheet of desired thickness.
Dip the cutter or knife in flour and cut the shapes as close together as possible. Lift the cookies on a board knife or spatula and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet, allowing a little space between for possible spreading.
Shallow pans or sheets should be used as high sides prevent the even distribution of heat necessary to cook and brown the cookies
Use 2 teaspoons for placing drop cookies on a baking sheet, one to spoon the mixture, the other to push it off. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before removing unless otherwise stated in the recipe.
Store cookies in a pottery or glass jar or a tin with a tightly fitting lid. Soft cookies may be crispened by placing on an ungreased baking sheet and heating in a 350º F (175º C) oven for 3-5 minutes.
So, here is easy chocolate chip cookies recipe, enjoy it!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz (480 g) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 375 F (180 C). Grease cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except chocolate and walnuts. Mix well.
Using a mixer at medium speed, beat until well mixing, scraping a bowl. Add chocolate pieces and chopped walnuts. Stir in well.
Drop the rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches (5 cm) apart, sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Turn off the oven. Using pancake turner or wooden spatula, remove cooked chocolate chip cookies from the oven. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool.