Fettuccine with Chicken and Onion Cream Sauce2021-09-15
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Ready In: 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat11.2 g
Trans Fat7.6 g
Unsaturated Fat1.0 g
Fettuccine with chicken and onion cream sauce. Italian fettuccine with fried chicken strips and creamy onion sauce. Delicious!
Fettuccine with Chicken and Onion Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh cold water
- 10 oz (300 ml) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk
- 6 callions with green parts, sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound (480 g) dried fettuccine
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-low heat. Add chopped garlic and cook until just beginning to color. Add chicken breasts and raise the heat to medium. Fry on each side until the juices are no longer pink(about 4-5 minutes). Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Remove fried chicken breasts from the heat, leaving the oil in the skillet. Slice chicken breasts diagonally into thin strips and set aside.
Reheat oil in nonstick skillet. Add finely chopped onion and gently cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
Add the crumbled bouillon cube and 1/2 cup fresh water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in heavy cream, milk, scallions, and grated Parmesan cheese. Simmer until heated through and slightly thickened.
Cook dried fettuccine in boiling salted water. Drain and transfer to a warm serving dish.
Arrange chicken slices over the cooked fettuccine. Pour on creamy sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.