Fresh Shrimp Rolls2020-11-06
- Servings: 16
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Ready In: 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Fresh shrimp rolls.Very healthy and delicious Asian recipe.
- For Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet Asian chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped pickled ginger
- For the Rolls:
- 16 colossal black tiger shrimp,cooked,peeled and chilled
- 16 10-inch(25 cm) rice paper wrappers
- 4 cups (1 L) hot water
- 2-3 carrots peeled and cut into strips
- 8 butter lettuce leaves,cut into half
- 2 cups julienned mango
- 1/2 cup julienned English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
To Prepare Dipping Sauce: In a mixing bowl,combine all ingredients for dipping sauce. Mix well,cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
To Prepare Rolls: Cut cooked shrimp in half lengthwise. Working with one rice paper at a time,submerse in hot water until pliable,about 30 seconds. Put on work surface.
Place half of lettuce leaf in middle of wrapper. Divide mango,cucumber,carrots and cilantro into 16 equal portions. Spread vegetables in a strip across the lettuce leaf about 1/3 away from the edge closest to you,leaving 1 inch(2.5 cm) on either side.
Place to pieces of cooked shrimp on top of vegetables and fold edge closest to you over filling. Pull gently toward you to encase filling. Fold sides toward middle,then continue to roll up tightly.
Place rolls under a damp cloth to stay moist. Serve fresh shrimp rolls immediately with dipping sauce.