Fried Coconut Shrimp
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup(180 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups(500 g) shredded coconut
- 1½ pounds(720g) large shrimp,shelled and deveined
Preheat vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 325º F(160º C).
In a mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,salt,ground ginger and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
Using another mixing bowl,beat egg whites until foamy.
Coat shrimp with flour mixture and dip into beaten egg whites.
Pat shredded coconut onto shrimp.
Fry,turning once,until golden brown. Serve fried coconut shrimp hot.