Fried Hot Chili Chicken
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Ready In: 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Fried hot chili chicken. This chicken meal uses boneless and skinless chicken breasts and tastes very delicious. Serve it over cooked rice.
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 2 fresh green chilies,chopped
- 5 dried red chilies
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon fround turmeric
- 14 0z (420 ml) canned chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) chicken stock
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken brests
- 1 teaspoon garam marsala
- freshly cooked rice and plain yogurt
For Hot Chili Paste: In a blender,combine curry paste,fresh and dried chilies,tomato paste,garlic,chili powder,sugar and salt. Blend until smooth.
Preheat peanut oil in a large,heavy bottom pan. Add cumin seeds and cook,stirring, over medium heat for 2 minutes or until they begin to pop and release aroma. Stir in onion and curry leaves and cook,stirring,for a further 5 minutes.
Stir in chili paste and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in ground cumin,coriander and turmeric. Cook,stirring, for an additional 2 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and their juices and chicken stock. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add chicken breasts and garam marsala,cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tender. Serve with cooked rice and yogurt.