Fried Parmesan Chicken with Mushroom-Wine Sauce
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Fried Parmesan chicken with mushroom-wine sauce.Chicken breasts with delicious homemade mushroom wine sauce.Mouth watering recipe!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,divided
- 2 cups (500 g) onion,diced
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and minced
- 2 cups (500 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil,chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
In a small mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,Parmesan cheese,1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix well.
Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture,coating both sides. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute until onions are softened.
Stir in sliced mushrooms,basil and remaining salt. Saute for a further 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Remove mixture from the skillet,transfer to the serving plate and set aside.
Using the same skillet,heat remaining olive oil. Add chicken and cook,turning once until golden brown. Stir in reserved flour mixture,dry white wine and water. Stirring,bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to low.
Return mushroom mixture to the pan and cook until heated through.
Remove from the pan