Grilled Chicken Wings with Barbecue Sauce
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- For Barbecue Sauce: 1 cup (250 ml) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- Chicken Wings: 2 pounds (960 g) chicken wings,wing tip discarded,halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
To prepare barbecue sauce, in a small pot, combine all barbecue sauce ingredients. Stir well and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Divide barbecue sauce into 2 bowls, one for basting and one for dipping.
Preheat your grill to medium-high.
In a mixing bowl, combine chicken wings and vegetable oil. Toss well and season with salt and black pepper.
Arrange chicken wings on the preheated grill. Grill for 3 minutes,medium-high then turn over and grill for additional 3 minutes. Brush with reserved barbecue sauce and turn over again. Repeat turning and brushing with barbecue sauce every 3 minutes or until chicken wings are cooked through(for15-20 minutes).
Serve grilled chicken wings with reserved barbecue sauce.