Grilled Halibut with Tomato Vinaigrette
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 3 large tomatoes,skinless,seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and crushed
- 6 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs(parsley,coriander,basil,tarragon,chives.)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 halibut steaks or fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- green salad,to serve
In a mixing bowl,combine together the tomatoes,onion,garlic and herbs. Mix well.
Stir in olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Cover bowl and set aside for 1 hour.
Preheat the grill. Line a grill pan with aluminum foil. Brush the foil lightly with olive oil.
Season halibut steaks with salt and black pepper. Arrange the fish on the aluminum foil. Brush with a little extra olive oil. Grill for 5-6 minutes,until browned.
Pour tomato sauce into saucepan. Heat gently for 3-5 minutes. Serve grilled halibut with sauce and green salad.